Friday 4 March 2011

My neighbor!

Here are some pictures of my neighbor:  


She is an Englishwoman living in Kenya for the past 9 years.  She decided to move to Mombasa from London after falling in love with this place after spending many holidays here.  I decided to put up pictures of her because she is one of the most memorable people of my trip so far.  Her favorite past times include yelling at customer service of her cell phone/credit card company and correcting her servant's English.  She has a very loud voice and my room faces her house so I can hear just about everything she says.  She also has a very dirty mouth.  A typical phone conversation I over hear every morning is, "Fuck you you piece of shit.  You told me I'd get the credit on my account 2 fucking weeks ago.  It's the same old shit I hear every week." or, "You better fucken give me a refund or I will find you and shit on you you piece of shit".  Although she has a dirty mouth and can say some pretty harsh things, she is actually a very nice woman.


Another picture.  The pictures are not high quality as I had to take these pictures quickly one morning while she was having her tea before she noticed and said something to me.


She moved closer to me so I snuck in a picture.  I don't think she was too happy about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment