Monday 13 June 2011

Obama Mania!

Here in Kenya, President Obama is a HUUUGE deal, especially since his father was Kenyan.  Kenya is one of the few African countries where being from the US doesn't cause resentment or anger.  When I say I am from the US, people instantly say "Obama!" with big round eyes.  When I say I'm from Chicago, their eyes become even wider and they say "OBAMA!" (once I did get "OPRAH!").  

Many many things here have either his name or his face on them.  For instance, right by my house there is a car wash called the "Obama Boys Car Wash".  I've even seen "Obama Parking Lot".  Here are some of the more random things I found with Obama's name/face on them:   


I was in this lady's shop when I noticed she had on an Obama kanga (a wrap women wear in Kenya, just like a dress).


This photo is hard to see, this is Obama gum.  It was Obama Orange flavor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment